Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Stitches

I had a whole blog post planned for today. It wasn't groundbreaking or anything but it was nice to have a plan but I just felt the urge to post something... something I wrote. Something I wrote for something other than this blog. It's a poem that I wrote for a collection of poems called Sky. I'm pretty sure it's not my favourite but I wanted to post it anyways so, here it is:


Stitches
Sewing together the stitches,To become a whole

 If it weren't the night
We would see the hummingbird
Whose wings steadily flap,
In their glorious iridescence;
A reflection of our own surreal glow

But it is the night.
And lost in the velvet
Of the midnight sky,
There is just you and I.
The erratic rhythm
Of our two hearts
Is like the heavy beats
Of the hummingbird's wings.
And as we twist together,
We also fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment